Re: Is there an "undo" for list imports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an "undo" for list imports?

We just had someone import a list of opt-out email addresses.  The file contained two columns - the email address and a status with the value of "unsubscribe".  They incorrectly mapped the latter column to "lead status", thereby adding a new lead status.

Is there a way to undo these changes?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently there is no way to undo a list import, but in my opinion there should be. The support team at Marketo is usually able to provide you the data as it appeared the day before the import which you can then use to import and reverse the data back to the way it appeared before the upload.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might also set up a flow action with a smart list "is in filename" and change the data values in both fields.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This tip is ill-timed given your current circumstance, but we export all columns of our full Marketo database each month and it has helped us restore several records that were corrupted.

If you have a limited number of Lead Status values, you can create a smart list with the Data Value Changed filter and look for changes from each Lead Status value to "unsubscribe" on the day the change was made.  Then select all of the leads in the smart list and use the Change Data Value flow action to change the value back to the previous value.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to see an undo implemented.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Elliott's suggestion sounds good. We're going to have more Marketo users in the company and I know that more people will be importing lists, so having the undo functionality after importing a list incorrectly would be really good. 
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Love your suggestion Elliot! Never thought to do that. Genius, I say!