SOLVED

Is there a workaround to be able to display twice the same fields?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Is there a workaround to be able to display twice the same fields?

Hello,

I have the following request from my management. I have drawn the specs so it's easier for you to understand.
Basically instead of listing all download options at once (that would have been too easy!), they want that we list one option and then at bottom of form give extra options.
I have following challenges:
- EMEA shoudn't see the bottom options
- Download Options field has to be displayed twice
- People have to either select Download Options above T&Cs or at bottom. Answer is mandatory but obviously you don't need to answer both Download Options fields.
0EM50000000SqFc.jpg

Is that possible?

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a workaround to be able to display twice the same fields?

I'm unclear as to why you would make a confusing form like this. The Marketo form tool will not let you do this, so you'd have to  build a custom form with the API.

I'm wondering if you really just want to say:

If Download Option X, then display T&C Accept. If other, do not display. You can do that easily with visibility fields.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13

I'm unclear as to why you would make a confusing form like this. The Marketo form tool will not let you do this, so you'd have to  build a custom form with the API.

I'm wondering if you really just want to say:

If Download Option X, then display T&C Accept. If other, do not display. You can do that easily with visibility fields.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

don't ask me....

What our management wants is to highlight option 1 (and set a default value is not enough) but still wants to provide other 2 options so that's why they want to give them but at the bottom.
I guess I will have to say that it's not possible unless we do custom development!

Cécile @ Talend
Josh_Hill13

yeah, it's all custom dev if they go that way. Bad UI IMHO.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Cécile user experience aside -- and I agree this is inadvisable -- you could do this with just custom CSS by setting a high margin-top on the 2nd radio button, then absolute-positioning the other elements (checkbox and a rich-text for Other Download Options) into the empty space.  Not too fun to maintain, but likely easier than using the Forms APi and CSS.