Is there a way to track which page a form was filled out on without having an individual form for every page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to track which page a form was filled out on without having an individual form for every page?

I'm trying to simplify our backend. We've gotten in the habit of creating a new form for almost every landing page and a new "Form Handler" smart campaign (to manage sales alerts, lead assignment, etc.) for each page as well. It's making things every confiusing and difficult when we want to make a change.

Is there a way to track which page a form was filled out on and have that included in the lead record and/or sales alert email?

Maybe I'm over-complicating this... but I feel like this is a necessary feature...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to track which page a form was filled out on without having an individual form for every page?

Hi DeAnn,

There is a constraint on the "Fills Out Form" trigger where you can specify which landing page the form is on.  This will help you identify where the lead completed the.form and place the lead in the appropriate smart campaign and complete the designated flow actions.

-Val

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to track which page a form was filled out on without having an individual form for every page?

Since URL will be unique for each page on your site, you can capture this info in the form as a hidden field. This way you will be able to see what page on your site they filled out your form. Please see the section for URL parameters in the help article below. 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LH7uCAG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Murtza, that's exactly what I want to do! I just don't see a field option for visited page... any suggestions?
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

DeAnn-

If you are looking to use the URL parameters appraoch, you would need to create a hidden field on your form (i.e. "Page") and have the URL for that page set up as such:

www.companyname.com/example.html?page=pagename

The text displayed after the ?page= will be what is populated in your hidden field.
Anonymous
Not applicable

DeAnn - If you contact support, they can walk you through how to set this up.