Is there a way to track error logs on embedded Marketo forms?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to track error logs on embedded Marketo forms?

Does anyone know if you can access error logs or track errors for Marketo embedded forms? So I can see which fields might be confusing users.

A follow-up question, is it possible to do in field validation on the forms so users can see the fields that have errors before they submit the form?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to track error logs on embedded Marketo forms?

Hi Leah,

What kind of errors are you talking about ? things such as invalid emails ? Out of range values ?

There are no such logs, neither on forms in Marketo Landing Pages, though, and I do not see this easily done, since all is happening on the visitor's browser.

I suppose it would be possible to develop a Javascript that would collect this info and pass it back to Marketo in a hidden field.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire, thanks for your speedy reply. Yes that is what I was looking for, invalid emails, phone numbers etc. Thanks for the JS suggestion.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Leah,

[1] Yes, you can use the Munchkin API to send a special ClickLink event when validation fails.

[2) You can adapt the Forms 2.0 to validate onChange, but it does take deep-ish knowledge of how Mkto forms operate.