SOLVED

Re: Is there a way to send an alert to an ISR? (not the Sales/Account owner)

Go to solution
Nancy_Rosentha3
Level 2

No they actually created a new field that was assignable with a drop down menu with only the ISRs as values.  I believe a better way would have been to have created a dynamic field with picklist values from a particular job title, and then include the email as well.  Is that possible?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's certainly possible in SFDC, just a question of them taking the time...

Julia_Campbell
Level 1

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone knows a more scalable way to do this? I didn't quite follow the exchange around what could work, but was wondering if any solutions had been found at this point @SanfordWhiteman (or anyone else who may know).

I am trying to send alerts to OBR's associated with an Account (AE's are the Account Owners). We currently have the OBR selection set up as a lookup field, and also have an "OBR Representative Email" formula text field that pulls the OBR email through the lookup. I was hoping the latter could be used in Marketo through a token, but am not sure how or if MKTO will recognize the text as an email if it's not specifically an email field.

Here's an example of the kind of flow step I was hoping would work:

• Flow step type: Send alert
  • Send to: None
  • To Other Emails: {{account.OBRRepresentativeEmail__c}}

Any idea how to make a scalable alert process to secondary record owners work? Thank in advance for any help!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

was hoping the latter could be used in Marketo through a token, but am not sure how or if MKTO will recognize the text as an email if it's not specifically an email field.

The field doesn't have to have the Email datatype to be used as an Alert recipient. A String field is fine.