Re: Is there a way to pull in the email sent date or SL into the Marketo email reports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to pull in the email sent date or SL into the Marketo email reports?

Is there a way to pull in the email sent date or SL into the Marketo email reports?

11 REPLIES 11
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to pull in the email sent date or SL into the Marketo email reports?

Felicia,

It is not a standard metric in an email performance report, but you can pull in the "First Activity" and "Last Activity" standard columns, "First Activity" being the date of first engagement with the email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Devraj,

Thank you for getting back to me. Do you know if there is a way to pull in the email subject lines into the report?

thanks,

Felicia

Devraj_Grewal

Unfortunately, no, but you can vote for this idea here:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, will do!

Andy_Caron3
Level 4 - Champion

Hi Felicia,

I would start by asking what you're looking to do with that information?

Couple thoughts here without the actual use case:

1) Are you also using SFDC? Automating completed activities for "email sent / delivered" for the lead/contact is fairly easy to do as a part of your other workflows in a smart campaign. You can then pull an activity report in SFDC which by default will have the date and time for that activity. Be cautious though. Syncing everything can slow down your systems or max out your API calls.

2) Alternatively, you can look at the results of your Send Smart Campaigns already performing other tasks for that send program, like updating the Program Status to Delivered or Opened. Downloading the results, playing with the data a bit and/or using a quick pivot table will allow you to see the time and date stamp of each activity for each lead. The time logged is going to be the time at which they completed that flow step, not when it was triggered, so depending on how many flow steps and any wait steps might be delayed by a minute, but it's going to get you very close.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 3.46.06 PM.png

Andy Caron
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, we do not use SFDC, we are using Microsoft Dynamics. I have tried quite a few times and it seems there is no way to pull records based on email activity. It's all very disjointed.

My purpose for both these features was to analyze the variations of open rates and engagement based on different days of the week, and also by subject lines.

I think the download would work if I matched it against an export of the front end data.

Thanks again!

Felicia

Andy_Caron3
Level 4 - Champion

Felicia,

You could also look at using nested Send Programs for your outbound communications. This would give you visuals and automatic engagement scores. Additionally, it breaks out the open times into groups. You'd still have to synthesize that data outside of Marketo to compare days of the week, but it would show you spikes in opens related to time of day. I also recommend playing with A/B testing on your emails for more subject line data.

Andy

Andy Caron
Dan_Stevens_

Are you looking to do something like this:

pastedImage_0.png

If so, this is very easy to create using the Email Analysis report in RCE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Dan, yes that was something I was looking to do. I have to admit I've inherited Marketo from a predecessor, and she was never able to figure out how to make the revenue cycles work properly. Is there a way to create this report without having our revenue cycles set up?