SOLVED

Is there a way to populate account info in SFDC via form fill?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to populate account info in SFDC via form fill?

Hi all,

Wondering if I provide a form fill to our current customers, with a field being an account field such as "current version", which is what version of the product they are on. Is it possible, if the current customer is a contact in a specific account, to populate that account field via the form fill they are filling out?

Are there any workarounds to populate this info? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to populate account info in SFDC via form fill?

Hi David Liu​,

Account fields are not writable from Marketo. As a workaround, you can create a corresponding field on the contact object, and then use a work flow, process builder, or Apex code in SFDC to update the account object.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi David Liu​,

Account fields are not writable from Marketo. As a workaround, you can create a corresponding field on the contact object, and then use a work flow, process builder, or Apex code in SFDC to update the account object.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that solution. Just to give you a bit of background, I'm asking customers to fill out a fill and looking to collect the current version of the product they are on.

If I want to transfer that current version field that they filled out, what are the steps to populate that info into a current version field in salesforce, how do I do that in terms of setting up the logic in a smart campaign etc.?

Are there any other quick fix ways to go about populating this gathered info? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see I need to make sure that current version contact field is in the form first

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Agreed with David. That would be one way if you want to use a Marketo form. Else, you can use a web-to-lead form and create a trigger to update the fields on the account object. Web-To-Account like Web-To-Lead - Salesforce Developer Community