Is there a way to have Dynamics block updates at the individual field level?

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

Is there a way to have Dynamics block updates at the individual field level?

I'm wondering if there is a way to have Dynamics ignore updates from Marketo at the individual field level? So basically like Block Updates in Marketo's Field Management, but on the Dynamics side. I realize this is more of a Microsoft question, but I'm guessing someone here has had this same need.

As an example, I am a contact in Dynamics so thus have a lead record in Marketo. My Dynamics job title is "CEO" which has synced down to Marketo so that is the job title on my lead record. I then fill out a Marketo form and enter the job title "Vice President". I want to block that from syncing back to Dynamics, but I would like any other field updates on the Marketo to sync to their respective fields in Dynamics. Is this possible?

If so, does it work like this? My Marketo lead record's job title is changed to "Vice President", but after the next sync cycle it is changed back to "CEO" because that is still the value in Dynamics.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to have Dynamics block updates at the individual field level?

Good question, Dave - you might want to also share this in the MS Dynamics Virtual User Group

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

Re: Is there a way to have Dynamics block updates at the individual field level?

Thanks Dan. Just shared it using the "Share" option to the right of the page.

Paul_Wilson8
Level 4

Hello Dave Cunningham​! In Dynamics you do have the ability to setup Field Security Profiles. I haven't yet used this feature but I did find this tool tip from Microsoft on how to set them up.

Let me know if you get this working!

Paul Wilson

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

Thanks Paul. I feel like we've looked at field level security in DCRM and it wouldn't work for a couple of reasons. I need to connect with my CRM admin and if we have success with this I will definitely let everyone know.

Paul_Wilson8
Level 4

Good to know Dave! I would love to know more about why/how this didn't work for you. I am about to onboard a client with existing rules so insights into the impact would be so helpful!

PW