Re: Is there a way to define a input field as a password in the form builder?

John_Wallace
Level 4

Is there a way to define a input field as a password in the form builder?

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to set a field type to password inside the form builder.  We currently have some js to change it from text to password but there is an issue with safari.  It would be nice to define this from the get go.  Thanks

-John
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you sure you want to collect passwords directly into Marketo?
John_Wallace
Level 4

We are not collecting them in marketo but that information is pushed into our product.  I was really just looking for a more reliable way to to have not have passwords appear as plain text.  Our way of changing the input type works great except for safari
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add a type="password" attribute in the HTML for that field, it should work for Safari

For example:
<input type="password">
John_Wallace
Level 4

how do you edit the html in the marketo form builder?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think it is possible to edit html, only the css of the form through the UI. So you would need to add the type attribute using JavaScript after the form loads on the page. 
John_Wallace
Level 4

yeah this is what we are doing but for some reason Safari is being difficult.  I know there maybe some built security issues in jquery to prevent changing input types.  I tried using just vanilla js and still no luck.  I also heard that safari may have some security measures to prevent this as well.  Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure. It might be worth posting on Stackoverflow to find a workaround. 

What error is displayed in the console?