SOLVED

Is there a way to create a Smart List off of who downloaded a PDF that is in the Marketo Design Studio?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to create a Smart List off of who downloaded a PDF that is in the Marketo Design Studio?

Is there a way to track this similar to "visits web page"?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to create a Smart List off of who downloaded a PDF that is in the Marketo Design Studio?

Alison,

You want to be careful with this one. If someone clicks a link on your page to download a PDF, you can track that. You cannot however, track someone who visits a PDF URL. There is no munckin code in the PDF that tells Marketo to track something.

I've got burned on this one before and want to make sure you don't...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to create a Smart List off of who downloaded a PDF that is in the Marketo Design Studio?

I think I answered my own question. It appears the "Click Link" filter is what I was looking for.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alison,

You want to be careful with this one. If someone clicks a link on your page to download a PDF, you can track that. You cannot however, track someone who visits a PDF URL. There is no munckin code in the PDF that tells Marketo to track something.

I've got burned on this one before and want to make sure you don't...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point, so there is no way to track files stored in Marketo Design Studio, unless via a link on a web page and/or email?