SOLVED

Is there a way to change a data value to match another data value in a smart campaign?

Go to solution
Josee_Archer
Level 2

Is there a way to change a data value to match another data value in a smart campaign?

Basically, I want to create a flow that says if "nickname" is blank, copy the first name field to the nickname field.  Is there a way to do this with a smart campaign?  I've started it with:

Smart list:

Member of: My List

Nickname is blank

First Name is not blank

But on the flow, when I select "change data value", it doesn't give me an option on the right to match the first name field.

Does anyone have a work-around for this?

Josee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to change a data value to match another data value in a smart campaign?

Sure, just use a token

in the spot on Change Data Value: if Nickname IS EMPTY, then Nickname={{lead.First Name}}

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to change a data value to match another data value in a smart campaign?

Sure, just use a token

in the spot on Change Data Value: if Nickname IS EMPTY, then Nickname={{lead.First Name}}

Josee_Archer
Level 2

Thanks Josh! I'll try that now.

Josee_Archer
Level 2

It worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also create a new custom field - Preferred Name or something.

Setup a triggered smartlist for when a data value changes to your nickname field or when a lead is created.  Then in your flow associate the nickname to the preferred name field when it is not empty and then if it were empty associate the first name.

For the initial population of the field just do a batch where the nickname field isn't blank and load that in.  Then do another batch where the nickname is blank and the first name is not.  From there your trigger from above should take care of it.

Just another option I thought you might like.