SOLVED

Re: Is there a way to build email templates through drag and drop?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to build email templates through drag and drop?

When going throgh Marketo Foundation Training last year, I seem to recall being able to 'drag and drop' elements into an email template.  I went almost a year without having to actually build an email template, but now that I am needing one, I can only seem to find the option to build templates through the use of HTML code.

Is HTML coding the only way to do this now?  
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Chris,

If you don't have anyone HTML savvy, you can download some pretty great templates directly into your instance here: templates.marketo.com. There's also a number of sites out there that sell customizable email templates.

For your own custom-built templates, you have to insert the finished HTML into the editor. Editable sections are marked by:

<div class="MktEditable" id="yourIDhere">  CONTENT  </div>

You can name the ID whatever you'd like, typically section names like "main-banner" or "body-text" work well for teams.

What I think you're thinking of with drag & drop is when you're editing the actual new email itself. You can drag in images and tokens from the pane in the upper right corner and place those assets into the predesignated editable fields.
If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aqeel_Akbar
Level 4

In what I've seen, HTML is the only way to go in creating email templates. The landing page editor, however, has a drag-and-drop interface
Anonymous
Not applicable

That might be what I was thinking about.  I have web design software that I can use to give me the HTML code, but I just wanted to see if I can get around it for a simple template.  
Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Chris,

If you don't have anyone HTML savvy, you can download some pretty great templates directly into your instance here: templates.marketo.com. There's also a number of sites out there that sell customizable email templates.

For your own custom-built templates, you have to insert the finished HTML into the editor. Editable sections are marked by:

<div class="MktEditable" id="yourIDhere">  CONTENT  </div>

You can name the ID whatever you'd like, typically section names like "main-banner" or "body-text" work well for teams.

What I think you're thinking of with drag & drop is when you're editing the actual new email itself. You can drag in images and tokens from the pane in the upper right corner and place those assets into the predesignated editable fields.
If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Fab_Capodicasa3
Level 4

Hi Chris,

Hoosh Marketing has an Email Template Builder that allows you to quickly create customized emails, with no coding required. You can create and edit the template in the tool and paste the html directly into Marketo.

There is a Free trial available on the website.seg?add=3901497&t=2