Is there a way to automatically add myself to every email campaign?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to automatically add myself to every email campaign?

Flow step to send the email and the Schedule

You mean the smart campaign

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Stepping back from the excellent issues that have been raised around seed lists etc, and/or including yourself in every campaign and focusing instead on your need to Audit every email campaign.

There are reports, and there is history.  For Audit purposes what aren't you getting from those that you'd like to?  What are you trying to Audit?

I'd say receiving a copy on an email is a very poor form of Audit (prone to deletion, alteration, lack of reporting etc.)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Great points to add, Jo!

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Mahurrinah Sims​,

I had a similar used case with one of my clients where a key company stake holder wanted to be copied on all the email campaigns that were sent out. Again as mentioned above, there were the issue of communication limits.

How we countered this problem is by setting up a very business specific process where all the folks working on email campaigns were instructed to create an additional campaign by the name of  02. Email send internal - where the smart list filters included Trigger - Campaign is requested and a filter - Email address is - "Stake holder email address" . The flow step for this campaign was Send Alert - "Email Used in the specific campaign"

This 02. Email send internal was requested in the flow step of 01.Email Send,  right after the "Send email" flow step. This way, which ever emails were send via any campaigns, an alert of the same email was sent to the above mentioned stakeholder, so that they could be aware of all the emails that are going out of their instance. This way, since the email being sent to the stakeholder is in the form of an alert, it did not impact the communication limit as well.

But here again the requirement was different, and although the purpose was not a proper audit, they just wanted to have an insight of the emails going out from Marketo. Now if your goal is to get a copy of all the emails that are going out from Marketo, then this would be a good idea.  But if your goal is to audit the emails before they are sent, then I believe sending a test you yourself would be the best way to go about it.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage