Re: Is there a way in Marketo to select only particular values from SFDC picklist fields?

Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Is there a way in Marketo to select only particular values from SFDC picklist fields?

Hey, is there a way in Marketo to select/filter out leads with only particular values from SFDC pick-list field?

Let's say, I sell vegetables and fruit, in a Product Entity field in SFDC my targeted record has this field populated with: potatoes, apples, pears and cucumber:

pastedImage_2.png

In Marketo, I want to target only those that has potatoes and apples interest identified:

pastedImage_6.png

I do have dummy leads created with different variation or the pick-list values in SFDC. However, I noticed that marketo does not trigger the values from the SFDC pick-list field.

***I used fruit as an example values, I tested this with my actual Product Entity field pick-list values***

Do you know if there is a way around it?

Many Thanks,
D

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there a way in Marketo to select only particular values from SFDC picklist fields?

Preferably, create another Marketo-only field that's the value of the SFDC field wrapped in an additional semicolon on either side.  This is how you prevent errors due to ambiguous [contains] matching.

Then your filters are like 

Product Entity [contains] ;apples;

Product Entity [contains] ;oranges;

Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Hey Sanford,

What field type would I use for this another field? How would you sync (wrap) those values with already created Product Entity field?

Many Thanks,
Diana

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What field type would I use for this another field?

Same type as for the current field (it's only 2 characters longer).

How would you sync (wrap) those values with already created Product Entity field?

Using Change Data Value The new value is

;{{lead.Picklist Field}};