SOLVED

Is there a limit on how many leads can be update via a Lead Action at a time?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a limit on how many leads can be update via a Lead Action at a time?

I am attempting to populate a field for 2.7 million leads. Each time I run the action, I am told that 0 leads are processed.  Does Marketo have a limit on how many leads can be updated at a time via the Change Data Value Lead Action?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is there a limit on how many leads can be update via a Lead Action at a time?

Hi Adam,

I gather your are doing a "all leads" -> select all -> lead actions -> change data value ?

Likely there is also an instance-wide limit, that probably apply.

Do it with a batch smart campaign. You will need a filter to select all the database (your SC will not run without any filter), so if you do not have any, just use the "lead was  created" without any time constraint. And make sure you remove the campaign limit before triggering it. At least, you will know were to look to see the results and the progress 🙂

-Greg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Is there a limit on how many leads can be update via a Lead Action at a time?

Do you have a limit on smart campaigns? "Abort Smart Campaigns if over x number of leads qualify"

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

When you run the Schedule tab, do 2.7MM qualify before the batch?

Are you sure you want to run that many leads? Best to do that over the weekend. IF that's an SFDC field, you will clog your sync.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Yeah, probably makes sense to do it in SFDC directly via a bulk job and let it sync back to Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be the route we end up going.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been running it as a one-off lead action in the lead database.  Should I be be running it through a smart campaign instead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is a limit but I am not running this action through a Smart Campaign.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Adam,

I gather your are doing a "all leads" -> select all -> lead actions -> change data value ?

Likely there is also an instance-wide limit, that probably apply.

Do it with a batch smart campaign. You will need a filter to select all the database (your SC will not run without any filter), so if you do not have any, just use the "lead was  created" without any time constraint. And make sure you remove the campaign limit before triggering it. At least, you will know were to look to see the results and the progress 🙂

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire and yes I was manually trying to update the leads via select all > lead actions > change data value. Running it as a batch smart campaign while increasing the limits seems to be the answer.

Are you aware of a place were we can see/ adjust that system wide limit for manual updates such as this? I'm curious to know what that limit is.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Adam,

admin -> Smart campaign.

-Greg