Is there a good pointer to using Marketo Custom Activities

Will_Raleigh
Level 2

Is there a good pointer to using Marketo Custom Activities

The Marketo documentation seems a little thin on custom activities, and I can't visualize how creating those relates to things we're uploading to Marketo.

We have an integration that takes sale activities from our CRM and ads them to Marketo. That process includes an external lead ID (which is the leads's email address), an activity date/time, an Activity Type ID and a Primary Attribute Value. 

The primary attribute value may be something like Premise Visit, which means we visited the lead for a sales call. 

Now, I want to be able to find leads where we visited them for a sales call. Is there a way to just create a filter based on the primary attribute value of an activity or do I need to create a custom activity? I think it's the latter, but when I do that and then try to add a constraint based on Primary Attribute Value, the dropdown is empty, so I'm thinking that the activity I created didn't get properly linked with the activities we're uploading to Marketo. 

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there a good pointer to using Marketo Custom Activities

We have an integration that takes sale activities from our CRM and ads them to Marketo.

If it adds them as a defined Custom Activity, then you can filter on the properties of the CA.

Your phrasing is very confusing, though -- on the one hand you're saying "do I need to create a custom activity" but on the other hand you're saying you're already uploading activities via an integration. You can't upload into a CA type that hasn't previously been defined in Marketo, so something doesn't make sense here.