SOLVED

Is there a glossary or guide to Marketo icons/images?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a glossary or guide to Marketo icons/images?

I see that someone asked this question last August, but the link to the guide provided was broken, and still is, and no one followed up with all the responses stating so. There are tiny little images used all over Marketo. Little by little we've figured them out, but should we really have to? Shouldn't there be a guide for these images/icons? I couldn't find anything in Help Articles, Discussions, or Resources. I didn't dare look in Ideas for fear of finding it there, meaning this vital guide doesn't exist yet.

And this isn't limited to Marketing Activities, although the current image/icon I can't figure out is there. There's no general Category.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a glossary or guide to Marketo icons/images?

Thanks. This doesn't work for us. We like real time data. I didn't know Marketo worked like this.

I'll tell you, if anyone ever created a comprehensive guide to Marketo that included this kind of information, as well as instructions on configurations beyond the basics and semi basic, he/she would be a millionaire.

Something for you to consider! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Karen, can you add a screenshot of the image?
Anonymous
Not applicable

0EM50000000Rre6.jpg

It's the post-it like thing over the audience image.

So, there's no guide anywhere? Even if it would just tell us what it was if we just hover over it, we'd be happy.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

That means that the list has been cached. That can be nice because you will have the data there next time without having to populate the list, but if you think the audience for the list has changed, you should refresh it. (Green circle at the bottom of the page when you have the list open, next to the Excel export button.)

Unfortunately, no... no guide that I know of. Josh might have one in his Marketing Rockstar Guides, but i'm not totally sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. This doesn't work for us. We like real time data. I didn't know Marketo worked like this.

I'll tell you, if anyone ever created a comprehensive guide to Marketo that included this kind of information, as well as instructions on configurations beyond the basics and semi basic, he/she would be a millionaire.

Something for you to consider! 🙂

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Well Josh did a pretty good job with his Marketing Rockstar Guide, but I'll leave it up to him to confirm whether or not he's a millionaire 🙂

0EM50000000Rrea.jpg

If the list has a star like the first one above, then it refreshes each time you load it... the cached lists can be really helpful if you're dealing with large lists with lots of qualifications which can take lots of time to load. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question, although the idea of caching a list makes no viable sense to me, do you know why the little post-it type icon does not go away when you refresh your list, as you suggested?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karen, Here's a PDF of "Marketo Key Terms" that I had saved a while back.  There are certainly additions to this document, like the Cached Smart list icon, but all in all I find it to be a helpful document.

Wasn't able to find a link to this on the community, so here's a link to the Google Doc version of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Kyle. I'll pass this on to the marketing group. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any of the icons that aren't obvious, like the post-it on the smart list. As I learn the obscure ones, maybe I should make my own!

Thanks again.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here's my latest icon guide:
http://hello.perkuto.com/rs/perkuto/images/complete-guide-to-marketo-icons-june-2014.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/guide-to-marketo-icons-2014