SOLVED

Is the system.dateTime token populated based on timezone of the instance?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the system.dateTime token populated based on timezone of the instance?

My Marketo instance has multiple workspaces and I wanted to send an alert email on an inquiry form fill out which has a field which is populated by  system.dateTime token as per JST Timezone.

The initial timezone set in my instance was in PST, so I changed it to JST and created a campaign to send the alert email. However when I receive the alert email, it still has the PST timezone timestamp in that field whereas for the same record, I can see the JST timezone in the activity log.

Does anyone have any idea from where is Marketo picking up the timezone for this token?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the system.dateTime token populated based on timezone of the instance?

System.DateTime token is based on your account timezone settings. This is different from what timezone you select for your user in the Admin settings. So, if you changed it to JST for your user, your account time zone is still PST.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

System.DateTime token is based on your account timezone settings. This is different from what timezone you select for your user in the Admin settings. So, if you changed it to JST for your user, your account time zone is still PST.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

By the way, you can output in any timezone you want (sales rep-specific or lead-specific) if you use a Velocity token -- see http://blog.teknkl.com/velocity-days-and-weeks/