Re: Is the certification exam (MCE) multiple choice or 'select all that apply'?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

But (and this is not a negative towards you, because you obviously know your Marketo) you can't even become a Champion if you aren't an Expert. So forget applying to be a Champion if you haven't ponied up the $100+ to take the test, or been successful in passing. Meanwhile, you provide so much back to the community! All at no cost to Marketo! If we monetized the amount of money that we save Marketo every year by being active in the community, we would all get our tests comped.

Instead, I can get my test comped by doing random (totally non-Marketo related things) in Purple Select.

It definitely feels like there's something backwards here. But, I digress from Dan's original question

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Dory, are you using rewards to pay for this or are there challenges specifically available that, upon completion, comp your exam fees?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

7,000 points = free test. So nothing specific, just overall rewards. But when your average thing gets you 40-50 points, it could take a LOOOOOONG time to get to 7,000.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I'm working on my first major blog post, a soup-to-nuts guide on how to create a pretty cool Nurture Marketing program with some neat little bells and whistles. I wonder if that will get me to Level 5.

Robb Barrett
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Completely agree, Dory, on the need to retake this annually - makes no sense!

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I too agree with Dan and Dory on having to retake the test annually.  Ideally if not much has changed with Marketo why not have the certification last for 2 to 3 years. 

I took the test on-site last month and found the practice test to be similar to the actual test, unlike the previous year.  There were however a couple of typos on both the practice and actual test.  There was also a question that was repeated twice on the test.  From what I remember there were at least 2 questions that had the select all that apply or all of the above, or something like "both" options. 

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Totally agree Dory!