I noticed an issue with the link editor tool since the fall release.
For example, we have code like the following: <a style="color: #1babcf;" href="https://www.example.com" target="_blank"> in our emails so that we have a specific color for linked text. However, when entering the actual link with the link editor, the styling is stripped out. This did not happen before the fall release. Is this a know issue and is there a way around this without having to go into the raw HTML code?
Thanks for any insights.
We are adding an "advanced" tab in the insert link dialog to do things like add CSS styling, etc. It will show you what you already have specified on the <a> tag in your template. However, it sounds like you are experiencing a different issue that I cannot reproduce.
Here is what I've done:
1) Added <a style="color: red;" href="https://www.example.com" target="_blank">TEST</a> into an editable section within an Email Template.
2) Created a new Email from that template.
3) Opened the editable section in the Email Editor (brings up the text editor).
4) Click on "TEST" (note that it is showing as red for me, as expected) and then click the link button.
5) Change the URL of the link to http://www.cnn.com and click save.
6) I still see that "TEST" is red and the link now points to http://www.cnn.com
Are you seeing something different?
I decided to go ahead and move back to the old editor. I don't want to take any chances and the link tool just seems to be wonky right now.
Neil, do you mind helping me determine if there is an actual issue here that might be impacting other customers? It's fine to switch back to the old editor temporarily if there is an email you need to get out ASAP, but can you please send me a list of steps you took and where the issue occurred? I haven't been able to reproduce the issue and need to know if you were doing something different than would I listed above.
This is now released with the new editor. I recommend you switch back to the new editor, as the legacy editor won't be supported indefinitely.
Neil Rosenberg - also let me know if you are still seeing any issues.