Is subscribe/unsubscribe activity logged forever?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is subscribe/unsubscribe activity logged forever?

Hi:
As we all have fun becoming compliant with CASL, our lawyers have asked about what documentation we will have in our system that shows when someone comes into our database, when they opted in or opted out - specific dates (and ideally times, but dates certainly). My initial thought was "Sure, the lead's Marketo Activity Log." But I could not find in my search any Marketo documentation that says that activity is kept forever, or if activity is archived after 3, 5, 10 years (we are only a second year user of Marketo here). Anyone know?

And if Activity Log isn't the way to go to capture not just that someone opted in but WHEN they did it, how are all of you planning to capture this data?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is subscribe/unsubscribe activity logged forever?

The activity is logged and archived after 90 days. You can ask Marketo Support to opt you out of archiving. Thus, you will be unable to reference Data Value Was Changed after 90 days.

A better option for CASL is to create a timestamp field for each subscription field you have. Mailchimp auto saves the IP too, which you can try to do here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is subscribe/unsubscribe activity logged forever?

We created an opt-in date stamp as well as an opt-out date stamp with the token {{system.date}} and a custom field for each. All about the documentation!