Is it possible to use tokens on non marketo pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to use tokens on non marketo pages?

I am going to be hosting a marketo registration form for a webcast event (Readytalk integration) on a wordpress page. I'd like our follow up confirmation page to also include the member url token. Will this feature work on a non marketo landing page?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to use tokens on non marketo pages?

Tokens do not work on non-marketo landing pages. You will need create the confirmation page entirely in Marketo.

Just a thought, you could try creating the messaging you want that includes tokens as a Marketo page and then iframe it into the word press page.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this is an old post, but I'm trying to achieve this same thing - put a Marketo token within an iframe on our webpage. However, when I test it it's not showing up at all. Is there anything special I need to do for the tokens to render correctly? Currently I have them just inside an HTML box along with the rest of the page contents on my Marketo landing page. Perhaps that's where I went wrong?

Thanks for any help and guidance!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When you use an IFRAME, you are in essence embedding an entire web page (document) inside another web page.

If http://pages.example.com/formlp.html works on its own, then <IFRAME src="http://pages.example.com/formlp.html"> will work as well. Of course you need to adjust height and width, but the default dimensions should at least show you something. What's the URL of your (non-Mkto) page where you're trying to put the IFRAME?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Sanford! I realized that my Marketo Landing Page was not living under the Program that included my tokens. So the first step was to move it there.

Then the token was showing the correct URL (a personalized link to a GoToWebinar event) but it wasn't generating the <a href> tag to actually make it a link, so I just highlighted the token when I was editing the landing page and clicked the link button to manually force it to be a link.

Now it is working! Phew. Thanks for all your help!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Nice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexander >
Sorry, tokens only work in Marketo assets. 
A
Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Adam New-Waterson​ will a token inside a Marketo form embedded in a non-marketo page work?