Is it possible to trigger a smart list subscription send?

Margaret_Allen
Level 2

Is it possible to trigger a smart list subscription send?

Is it possible to create a campaign that triggers a list subscription on list update?

I have some lead gen sources that happen infrequently - referrals and the like. I've subscribed the team members responsible for these programs to a smartlist of their contents, but daily or weekly sends would be repetitive pointless without updates. I'd like them to get the list only when it's updated. Has anyone done this?

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is it possible to trigger a smart list subscription send?

Hi Margaret,

Just create a smart campaign that triggers when visitors download these contents and in the flow, send an alert to the team members.

-Greg

Margaret_Allen
Level 2

So I can tie a smart list download to an alert?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Margaret,

No, unfortunately, you cannot.

You have to choose between real time alert or daily (the highest frequency available) subscription with the list attached.

-Greg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Margaret, not exactly. But if you're saying it's something that happens infrequently, then what Greg is suggesting (sending of an alert) would be your best bet. An example of the flow step is below, as well as an example of an email that we use as an alert. The token at the very bottom that I've drawn an arrow next to will populate with some info of the lead who triggered the campaign, and we also add some additional fields to the email as you can see.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

Margaret_Allen
Level 2

I think that will work - I'll just send them a reminder they can log in and download the list in the alert email. Not perfect, but also not a big deal. Again, infrequent.

Thanks!