SOLVED

Re: Is it possible to set a communication in an Email Marketing Program

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Is it possible to set a communication in an Email Marketing Program

Hello,

we have global communication limits in place (see Admin section) but I would like to bypass those communication limits for a one-off announcement.
However

1- I cannot make my email operational because we wouldn't be GDPR compliant

2- I cannot change my global communication limits for a limited period of time because this would allow other emails to be sent

Is it possible? I know how to do that for a smart campaign but I don't see where the option is for Email Marketing programs.

Thanks

Cécile @ Talend

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Cecile Maindron​ ,

If you are referring to a standard email program in Marketo, You can enable\disable communication limits without affecting the global communication limit settings which are defined in the admin. Please refer to the article from Marketo product docs and the snapshot given below.

Enable/Disable Communication Limits in an Email Program - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

You can uncheck the box - Shown in the above snapshot & the email program would send the email and bypass the global communication limits set in the Admin

Hope this helps!

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Cecile Maindron​ ,

If you are referring to a standard email program in Marketo, You can enable\disable communication limits without affecting the global communication limit settings which are defined in the admin. Please refer to the article from Marketo product docs and the snapshot given below.

Enable/Disable Communication Limits in an Email Program - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

You can uncheck the box - Shown in the above snapshot & the email program would send the email and bypass the global communication limits set in the Admin

Hope this helps!

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

That's exactly it! I have seen this Setup page hundreds of time and never paid attention to this row. Oops

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hey Cecile Maindron ,

I totally understand! I too at times miss out on small points like these. Glad your query was addressed .

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari