SOLVED

Is it possible to make a "Smart List" of our internal Marketo users e.g. admins?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to make a "Smart List" of our internal Marketo users e.g. admins?

I'd like to make a smart list of all of our Marketo Users (e.g. our marketing team of Marketo users) for use in test sends and campaigns.  I didn't notice any obvious filters to accomplish this.

Is this possible?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to make a "Smart List" of our internal Marketo users e.g. admins?

Hi Matt,
There is no way to use a smart list to filter on Marketo Users. Typically what I do is make sure that all of my users are also leads in Marketo. Then in Lead Database, I create a static list called "Marketing Test" and I add all my marketing users to that list. This way I can use the list in my email preview.
Regards,
Sheila

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to make a "Smart List" of our internal Marketo users e.g. admins?

Hi Matt,
There is no way to use a smart list to filter on Marketo Users. Typically what I do is make sure that all of my users are also leads in Marketo. Then in Lead Database, I create a static list called "Marketing Test" and I add all my marketing users to that list. This way I can use the list in my email preview.
Regards,
Sheila
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new (still implementing and on-boarding) user. We will need to deactivate Marketo user accounts after a period of inactivity. All of the other systems I support have a way to report on "last login datetime" or a whole history of login activity so that I can find the max date and when that gets to be a certain length of time in the past, I can remove or disable the account.

What is the alternative for Marketo accounts? I see that the users and roles list contains a date range filter and an export button, but the export only goes back 6 months.

Thanks,

Chris McEwen

University of Washington

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Chris,

If you want to report on their last login date, you can bring that column into the Admin > Security > "Users" view.