Is it possible to edit smart list after A/B test has started?

Mrigesh_Gaurav
Level 1

Is it possible to edit smart list after A/B test has started?

I have a subject line test campaign running. The test email went out yesterday and the winner is expected to go out later today. However now we want to edit the recipient list. Can we still edit the smart list and remove the names who we do not want to recieve the email.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to edit smart list after A/B test has started?

I'm not sure if you can adjust it mid-test. If you can go in to the program and click "Unapprove", then you should be able to edit it. If there's no button to click in the control panel of the email campaign, then you won't be able to edit it.
Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Mrigesh, did you try unapproving the program mid-test? Did it alter anything for you? I'd like to add a new filter before the winner is sent out.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We tried this today and it worked. We had a problem with a incorrect value in the smart list and did some A/B testing. In the middle of testing on a 5 days A/B testing we press the unapproved button then changed the value in the smart list than contained more people than the previous targeted audience. Then the list is back to it's original targeting but the program was smart enough to calculate in the audience who already had the test and will send the winner email to the rest that hasn't received it. It will go out tomorrow with the winner email.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You should not try to edit the list.  Just cancel the remainder of the test and send a new program out to your intended recipients.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing we edited was the boolean from a or to an and, I shouldn't have? Could you be more precise on why please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the email didn't send out Friday. So we cloned the program and scheduled it for today.