SOLVED

Re: Is it possible to add a save the date token to a button?

Go to solution
Ranae_Mogensen
Level 2

Is it possible to add a save the date token to a button?

Is it possible to add a token to a button in an email? I'd like to add a "save the date" button at the end of my email using my Add to Calendar token. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is for a landing page:

Tracy_Boesken_0-1644590493070.png

My orange "button" is a png. How do I get it to recognize the token in the URL field?

An ICS (Calendar) {{my.token}} contains an entire link (<a> tag). So you can‘t put it inside another link. That wouldn’t make sense as <a> tags cannot be nested.

If you want to put an image inside the calendar link, you would add that to the token itself, like:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1644621868624.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

A "button" is just an <a> tag. And your token is just a URL. So it's the same as any other email link.

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Hi @SanfordWhiteman,

My orange "button" is a png. How do I get it to recognize the token in the URL field? (The way it is now I receive a 404)

Also, the other two ways I tried is a regular token and a "box" with the token....which work but the hyperlink shows up green?? How would I change the color of the hyperlink?

Thanks,

--Tracy

SanfordWhiteman

My orange "button" is a png. How do I get it to recognize the token in the URL field?

An ICS (Calendar) {{my.token}} contains an entire link (<a> tag). So you can‘t put it inside another link. That wouldn’t make sense as <a> tags cannot be nested.

If you want to put an image inside the calendar link, you would add that to the token itself, like:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1644621868624.png

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Tracy_Boesken_0-1644692935269.png

Works perfectly!

@SanfordWhiteman as always YOU ROCK! Thanks!!

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

perhaps the easiest solution is to just put the calendar token inside a "button" i.e. a box with a border