Re: Is it possible to access two Marketo accounts with the same email address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to access two Marketo accounts with the same email address?

I work at a marketing agency and have the need to support multiple clients who use Marketo. My company email address is currently associated as a user to one of my client's accounts. Is there a way for me to be able to access multiple accounts (or in this case, at least just a second account) with my same company email address for login?

The second client is attempting to add me as a user, but gets the notification that my "email is already in use."

Does anyone know of a way around this? I'm trying to avoid creating multiple email addresses for myself simply to access different accounts.

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you move the question to Products​? Thanks. Move link is at the right. This is the webmaster feedback space, not support.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Bryan,

Yes, you can set up a universal login and switch from instance to instance once you are logged in. Here is the documentation:

Using a Universal ID for Subscription Login - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

You will have to reach out to Marketo first and have them "turn on" the ability for universal login. I am currently using a single email address for three instances. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I'll give this a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Trevor,

Are u also using SSO ?

Thanks

Ashok

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Ashok,

No, I did not set up SSO. I just reached out to Marketo and asked them to enable Universal ID for us. Once enabled, I was able to invite the same email address to all of our instances and once logged switch between the instances with a drop-down in the top left corner of the page:

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Trevor - Support claims they set this up for us (linking our production and sandbox accounts).  Yet I see no additional profiles from the drop-down at the top.  Nor do I see any way to invite myself to join the other instance.  The documentation is vague when it comes to the invitations.  What are the specific next steps once Support has enabled this?

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Dan,

Yes, it required some trial and error to figure this out. Once support confirms it is ready, you can go into your sandbox account and invite the email you use for the production account to the sandbox (or visa-versa). You do this the same way you would invite any new user to the instance, the only difference now is that you will not get an error saying "Email already in use".

You will then get the invite in your email to login to sandbox with your production email. Once logged in, you should be able to switch back and forth using only your production email.

I would recommend inviting the email address that you use on the community to all your instances. If you want, you can then go back and delete the extra email address if you only want to have one.

Once this is set up, it is really nice to not have to log out and back in or constantly switch to incognito to get into a second instance!

Thanks!

Trevor

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for the detail, Trevor.  What you explain is what I've already tried - and still get this:

pastedImage_0.png

I've already asked to Support to confirm if they really enabled - it doesn't seem like it.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

I would agree. If the Universal ID has been enabled for both instances then this message shouldn't show up.