SOLVED

Re: Is is possible to embed a progressive profiling form on a non-marketing landing page without iframe?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is is possible to embed a progressive profiling form on a non-marketing landing page without iframe?

Just wanting to get clarification on whether or not if it is possible to have the progressive profiling capability on a company website page without using an iframe.

Reference: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PI7uAAG

I have multiple cloned progressive profiling forms in Marketo that will be catered to different sections of the website and I would like them to sync together:

The form has two parts: the first visit to the form contains basic questions, whereas the second visit to the form requests additional information from the lead. I would like the lead to fill out the first section on any of the cloned forms, and be able to be directed to the 2nd part of the form when visiting any other cloned form. I have tested this functionality on the Marketo landing pages, but am experiencing issues when duplicating the same environment on the actual website.

Does anyone know if this is possible on a non-Marketo landing page without an iframe?

Thanks so much,

Lindsay

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Is is possible to embed a progressive profiling form on a non-marketing landing page without iframe?

You CAN use Form 2.0's embed method to use progressive profiling on non-Marketo landing pages.

What you CAN'T do is use form pre-fill on non-Marketo landing pages, unless you use an iframe method. This is due to security concerns about sending lead data to unsecured pages.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

You CAN use Form 2.0's embed method to use progressive profiling on non-Marketo landing pages.

What you CAN'T do is use form pre-fill on non-Marketo landing pages, unless you use an iframe method. This is due to security concerns about sending lead data to unsecured pages.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matt!
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Lindsay, FYI, our upcoming FormsPlus library will allow prefill on non-Marketo pages.  If you're interested in joining a Beta, contact me at https://purechat.me/sanford.

P.S. I never bought the security concerns explanation.  It's more likely that your external website is running SSL than your Mkto LP domain (considering the setup cost) and posts from http://landing.example.com aren't forced over SSL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am VERY interested in this. When were you guys launching this?

SanfordWhiteman

Amy, I just followed you on the Commty.  If you follow me back and PM me your details, maybe we can talk for a few minutes.  Bottom line: functionality exists, packaging it as a standalone library may not happen but I can link you to the code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also interested in your upcoming FormPlus library

SanfordWhiteman

Follow me back and we can chat about it!

P.S. I've had an HDIM trial sitting by my desk for months.