SOLVED

Is historical data saved for deleted leads?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is historical data saved for deleted leads?

Hi all,

I haven't come across this information yet, so I was hoping someone else had: If a lead is added to the database, and it had previously been deleted from the database at some point, does any of the historical information come back with it? I'm assuming, of course, that both the deleted lead and the new lead have the same email address. What I'm particularly interested in is if any unsubscribed information will be marked.

Thanks in advance,

Sammy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mel_Dadoly
Level 4

Re: Is historical data saved for deleted leads?

Hi Sammy,

The only thing that could be retained is if the lead was unsubscribed or not due to the durable unsubscribe feature:

Durable Unsubscribe - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Other than that, it will behave like a new lead in your database.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lead will become an anonymous lead at that point and will therefore loose its historical data

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Sammy,

When a lead is deleted from the database, all historical data is erased as well and the munchkin cookie values to which the lead was associated are also deleted.

Therefore, when that person comes back, he/she start with a fresh new entry in the database, even though he/she had kept the cookie value on her computer.

-Greg

Mel_Dadoly
Level 4

Hi Sammy,

The only thing that could be retained is if the lead was unsubscribed or not due to the durable unsubscribe feature:

Durable Unsubscribe - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Other than that, it will behave like a new lead in your database.