Is anyone else experiencing Marketo/SFDC sync issues lately?

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Is anyone else experiencing Marketo/SFDC sync issues lately?

Hi All,

Just trying to gather if it is our instance or if others were experiencing Marketo/SFDC sync issues lately? 

For example, when a Salesforce Contact fills out a web form with Address fields (Country, State, and Postal Code fields), the address fields will be populated/updated inside of Marketo but the changes do not sync into Salesforce whereas the other forms fields do.  However, when the address fields inside of Salesforce are changed/updated by a Salesforce User the changes sync into Marketo. 

Also, is anyone's smart campaign smart list triggers not working for newly created custom fields?

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is anyone else experiencing Marketo/SFDC sync issues lately?

Are your fields blocked in Marketo?

You can also check

https://app-abc.marketo.com/supportTools/indexhttps://app-abc.marketo.com/supportTools/index

[pod-name.marketo.com/supportTools/index]

for the sync times.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hi Josh,

With regards to the address field issue:

The first thing I checked was Field Blocking for those fields and there are no issues with that.  I figure out why the address fields are not working.

Here is some information about the Account Sync I found on Product Docs:

Account Sync: The sync is only one way: from SFDC to Marketo.  If you update an Account field for a contact in Marketo, it changes the values of all those contacts belonging to that account in Marketo. It does not sync to SFDC. However, the next time that account is updated in SFDC, the changes will override all account information in Marketo.

My understanding of this is that you cannot change Account information from Marketo ever and therefore creates major data integrity issues.  For instance maybe someone fills out a web form and updates their address information.  There address information is changed inside of Marketo but in Salesforce it contains their old address information.  To add to that once that salesforce account updated from salesforce the old address information will overwrite the new information that was in Marketo.

Do you know why this is?

Also, the Trigger still doesn't work for some weird reason.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

no the Account Object has never been writable. But if you are looking at the Lead or Contact, it could overwrite the data if someone fills in a form. My understanding is the Contact would be updated, but never the Account. So if your Form is using the wrong type of object, then you should fix your form. Generally I do block Contact info from being ovewritten.

Sounds like this is more of a field issue than a sync problem.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Yes you are right.  It is a field mapping issue.  The admin before me has our field mapping for Marketo geography/address fields mapped to the corresponding Lead and Account fields when the marketo fields should be mapped to the corresponding Lead and Contact fields.

No one really maps the marketo fields to the Account fields do they?