Re: Is anyone building campaign landing pages in pure HTML?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone building campaign landing pages in pure HTML?

I'll admit my CSS experience is ... well, rusty would imply a working knowledge of it. So "nonexistent" might be a better choice. 

I'm getting templates from an agency that are probably 80% java and CSS and just a smidge of HTML. Templates I'm supposed to be able mktEditable-ize and reuse for a myriad of things. Problem is, I cannot seem to whip them into submission, even when I try to tweak the CSS for font size / color / etc. 

Is there a good reason for a campaign landing page to be CSS-heavy? I know if I were savvier on the coding side, it might not be a huge deal, but now I'm sinking ton sof time into trying to make it work and getting a pure HTML template from the agency sounds like heaven right about now ...
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

It depends on what you mean by "pure html." What I'm guessing you mean is using a template with all inline styles and not utilizing a stylesheet or CSS in your <head>.

You can do it however you want, but for the sake of ease, utilizing CSS makes the most sense so you can utilize classes and template-wide styles without a lot of effort.

If you have a specific problem, post some code.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matt! 

It's client code, so I'm not really at liberty to paste it, but for whatever reason, there's no way to get in and add mktEditable tags or ids, no way to change font sizes, no way to add any additional elements without the layout getting janky. I've tried going into all the styles and classes in the CSS to update, say, the px for an h2 tag and get absolutely no love. Add a mktEditable tag? Completely ignores it. 

To my entirely unksilled eye, there seems to be a TON of superfluous code in there, based off the client's full www site - code that isn't at ALL relevant to the campaign landing pages (e.g. drop-down full site menu structures, stuff that overrides their new footers, etc). So even from a pure peformance perspective, it seems like the CSS is making things far more complicated than they need be 😞 

Victoria

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to create a landing page which will just contain text without having to go through the whole CSS JAVA or code basically. Is there an easier version of the landing page builder, I simply need to copy some text and then use the page as a landing page by linking it to another page.

Any help would be great.