Is Marketo still accountable for emails that are sent through Sales Insight?

Yasmin-Lee_Col1
Level 2

Is Marketo still accountable for emails that are sent through Sales Insight?

Hi Community,

A client of ours would like to send some plain text emails to a group of prospects, and for this campaign we think it might be a better idea if the emails are sent through Sales Insight.

The list of leads they would like to use are cold (from our knowledge, they have never heard from the client before) and we are concerned that sending emails out through marketo could effect their spam rating if the emails are marked/reported as spam by the recipient - a problem our client has experienced in the past. If we send the emails out through Sales Insight, would the Marketo instance still be accountable for any deliverability or spam issues? I am thinking that it would be as you are still able to track the opens, clicks, unsubscribes etc in Marketo, but I wanted to double check if anyone else had any ideas/thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Yasmin

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Re: Is Marketo still accountable for emails that are sent through Sales Insight?

Hi Yasmin,

The emails are being sent via Marketo from the MSI product and are still ultimately responsible for delivery and inbox placement.

FYI: Sales Insight Email Deliverability, MSI Ignores Unsubscribe??

Best,

Chris

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is Marketo still accountable for emails that are sent through Sales Insight?

Chris is right here. Marketo is still doing all the sending behind the scenes. Regardless of the tool you are using to send, your overall spam/deliverability rating is always tracked back to your sending domain/subdomain. Ex:// @email.mycompany.com. So regardless of the tool you're using, if you are sending from that domain and getting marked as spam, that domain will always suffer the consequences. And again, I believe deliverability issues only affect the subdomain, not the root domain. Maybe someone else can confirm my understanding of this?

Another option may be to create a new subdomain for this scenario (so you don't risk blacklisting your existing sending domain), though I know deliverability can be an issue when you start using a new domain as some IP warming generally needs to take place. So in short, its not the tool that gets blacklisted, its your sending domain.