SOLVED

Re: Invalid Module: #template-wrapper > table:nth-child(7)

Go to solution
Katie_O_Brien
Level 3

Invalid Module: #template-wrapper > table:nth-child(7)

I'm receiving an error when trying to create this template, can someone take a look? Invalid Module: #template-wrapper > table:nth-child(7)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Katie_O_Brien
Level 3

Nevermind ... Adobe won't let me post the entire code due to character limits. And I can't delete this post. 

View solution in original post

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Without seeing the full email template, this is going to be hard to diagnose, but I wanted to at least offer a bit of guidance. Some things you can look at to help deduce what might be the problem include:

• Do extensive tag closure checks. The most common reason a module will fail is that it isn't properly closed in some way with a stray missing </td> tag or what have you. You can use an HTML linter for this, but a site like HTML Tidy Online or Closing Tag Checker can work in a pinch.

• Ensure your module setup works with your container setup. Every module must be within your .mktoContainer parent and all of your module children must be at the same hierarchy level—so if your container is a <table>, the modules all must be immediate <td> children; if your container is a <td>, they all should be <table> children, and so on.

• Try pulling your modules one-by-one from your code to see where there may be issues, then re-introduce them once they've been known to work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_O_Brien
Level 3

Nevermind ... Adobe won't let me post the entire code due to character limits. And I can't delete this post. 

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Without seeing the full email template, this is going to be hard to diagnose, but I wanted to at least offer a bit of guidance. Some things you can look at to help deduce what might be the problem include:

• Do extensive tag closure checks. The most common reason a module will fail is that it isn't properly closed in some way with a stray missing </td> tag or what have you. You can use an HTML linter for this, but a site like HTML Tidy Online or Closing Tag Checker can work in a pinch.

• Ensure your module setup works with your container setup. Every module must be within your .mktoContainer parent and all of your module children must be at the same hierarchy level—so if your container is a <table>, the modules all must be immediate <td> children; if your container is a <td>, they all should be <table> children, and so on.

• Try pulling your modules one-by-one from your code to see where there may be issues, then re-introduce them once they've been known to work.
Katie_O_Brien
Level 3

I pulled the modules one by one and that did the trick! Thank you so much!