International Email Guidelines / Regulations

Anonymous
Not applicable

International Email Guidelines / Regulations

Hi,

We are looking to expand our marketo utilizaiton internationally and are in need of a break-down of the email protocols and regulations / personal data storage regulations (demographic/behavioral data) for international countries.

Has anyone compiled a list of email guidelines and regulations and/or personal data storage regulations  for international countries?  Or do you have a recommendation on where to look for this consolidated information vs. searching country by country?

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: International Email Guidelines / Regulations

I asked my Marketo rep for the documents backing up that Marketo complies with the whole cookie side of the regualations as that is what my legal department requested.  I would first check with your rep to see what they have.  It might help or be a starting point.

-Jaclyn
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I think there's also a similar idea in the community for a resource such as this. You can go here to vote it up.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are tons of material on the web.

CANSPAM - US - opt out 
CASL - opt in, explicit and implicit permission required starting July 1, 2014. Do not pre-check any opt in box
EU - not 100% sure, but offer opt out and must require opt in on the form, no pre-check. That should keep away probemsThe cookie law also applies and that is mostly something you need to do. Adam Waterston had a great set of slides somewhere on cookies. 

The EU cookie setting in Admin should  be checked to comply with the law on your instance.

Your legal counsel will have access to opinions and detail and you should run your procedures by them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback, everyone!  If others have resources they can share, its definitely appreciated!