Re: Internal vs. External Webinar Email Invitation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Internal vs. External Webinar Email Invitation

I'm wondering if anyone can provide some best practice tips on how to keep internal employee webinar invitations separate from external webinar invitations.  What I have set up now is to create the Webinar Event Program and have two separate email send programs within that.  One for external and one for internal.

Is there a better way to do this?  Setting it up this way is pretty tiem consuming and we often run into some difficulties with multiple emails being sent.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your webinar platform?

We used WebEx at my previous company, and I used to send the ungated access link through my work email to all internal employees. I also would create a calendar invite for them with the internal link so they could easy access the day of and not need to register. We now use ON24, which has a similar access link. I wouldn't recommend sending an email to internal through Marketo, unless you're ready to pull employees out of your registrations and attendees using Smart Lists.
Anonymous
Not applicable

One option would be an URL parameter in the invitation to register, say ?source=employee". That reduces to one email.

Two static ists at program level to store the registrants, say, employee and prospect.

A single smart campaign 
- trigger "Fills Out Form" would apply to both as well.
- flow Add to Listt
IF Email Address contains @yourcompany.com
List name employee

Default Choice prospect

The two static lists and the triggered campaign can be replaced by two smart lists consisting of filters "Filled Out Form" where the constraint Querystring is employee and teh other Querystring is prospect.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My webinar platform is GoToWebinar.  

I think the best solution is to simply not usw Marketo for internal email sends. It takes a lot of time to remove these people from the campaign when we're ready to sync over to Salesforce.  Now I just need to convince the supervisors of doing this!

Thanks for the feedback.