Re: Internal only Landing Page

Amanda_Partilla
Level 1

Internal only Landing Page

I need to host a landing page that can only be viewed by internal employees; not public-facing. How do we prevent the public from "happening upon" our page?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi Amanda,

When you're editing the landing page, you can use the dropdown in the top right that says "Landing Page Actions" and click on "Edit Page Meta Tags."

You can then choose to set the page as noindex, nofollow. Those settings stop robots from showing your page in search results, as well as stopping them from crawling your page content.

noindex-nofollow.jpg

Your page will still be viewable to the public; however you would have to know the URL to access the page and it would not show up in search results of any kind.

Hope that helps!

Chris

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Once you follow, "no index- no follow" on the landing page as Chris suggested . To be double sure:

You can use validation rules on the landing page: Create a dummy page on which say you have a Marketo form with two fields Email and Password (and a submit button).

Password is something which your internal team knows.

When someone types the password, using validation rule you can redirect him to the internal landing page and if the passcode is wrong you can redirect him to a bad password page.

I am not sure how scalable it is for you but at least you can restrict unwanted people from filling out the form if you have one on the landing page.

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not "validation rule" actually but an Advanced Thank You option. But I agree with this approach.

Brian_Law_MKTO
Marketo Employee

Hi, try having your IT team create a second cname which can only be viewed internally.

SanfordWhiteman

Would still be viewable under your other aliases, though.

Brian_Law_MKTO
Marketo Employee

Did you mean, "Will other cnames be impacted?". I don't believe so. I've seen IT teams create a cname where they only work externally and don't work internally so I'm guessing they can do the opposite.

SanfordWhiteman

No, I meant exactly what I said.

Just because the "right" way to get to pagename.html is thisonlyexistsintheinternalcopyofthezone.example.com/pagename.html doesn't mean you can't view it at pages.example.com/pagename.html as well.