SOLVED

Internal alert post form fill and email clicked

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Internal alert post form fill and email clicked

Internally in marketing we are just setting things up. Lead scoring is not up and running yet (we are working on it). How ever one thing that the internal marketing leadership likes to see is who is filling out the forms, and we want to take it a step further to clean up the data from the form fills.

To do that we are (I should say I am) looking at sending an email with the content on the link. If the link is clicked we know the email is valid. Following that we want an email to be sent internally along with a number of other functions.

The way I structured this was to create 2 campaigns. The first was structured like this:

• Trigger: Anyone who fills out the form on a specific page
  • Flow: Gets sent centralized email

Campaign 2

• Trigger: anyone who clicks specific link in centralized email and filter: filled out the form on a specific page
  • Flow: internal email gets sent

For some reason I can't get campaign 2 to trigger, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. If anyone could advise I would really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Internal alert post form fill and email clicked

Please show screenshots of the Activity Log line and Activity Log Detail for one of the sequences you're trying to catch.

You should always work backwards from the ActLog when building/debugging trigger campaigns.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Just to confirm Eric, are you trying to send an internal Alert? In this case, use the "send alert" flow step in marketo. you can send to the sales/account owner, or to any email you want (including a token).

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Paul you are correct, however it only needs to trigger if they fill out the form and click the link in the email.  It's the trigger I can't get to work in the process.

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Your logic seems fine to me. Though, aren't they only getting the email if they fill out the form on the specific page? If so, I don't think there's a need to have the "filter: filled out the form on a specific page" in there.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

There is because one form is going to multiple pieces of content. I am centralizing the forms and the emails and using tokes to populate the data.

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Seems strange to not be working. are you picking a link from the specific email from the drop down once selecting the email rather than typing in the url?

One thing I do to ensure my triggers will work is run a test blast with the same criteria, but as a blast.

Though I'm sure you've already tried this.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Yes I used the drop down list.

This is a tough one.

SanfordWhiteman

Please show screenshots of the Activity Log line and Activity Log Detail for one of the sequences you're trying to catch.

You should always work backwards from the ActLog when building/debugging trigger campaigns.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Sanford,

Thanks, I wish I would have screen shotted it before I made changes to work around the issue I changed it from Email link clicked to Email delivered. As soon as I did that everything worked.

However it isn't using the email clicked but my main thing is email validation if it is successfully delivered then the email is probably real.

SanfordWhiteman

Agreed, that's fine.