SOLVED

Re: Interactive sales alerts that update records based on interaction

Go to solution
Andrew_Sielen1
Level 3

Interactive sales alerts that update records based on interaction

I would like to set up a sales alert that has a couple links in it that when followed update the lead/contact record. Ideally we could have multiple link options in the sales alert and each one would flag the person differently. Essentially we could use this to send info to our SDRs and have them categorize leads directly from the email.

I was thinking I could spin up a landing page with an auto-submited form that pulls the leads email address from a hash in the url. However I could see some issues with that, namely from what I understand it would mess up the Munchkin tracking since now the SDR IP would be associated with the email.

I could see also setting this up using the Marketo API, the landing page would be just for internal use so it shouldn't get external traffic, but no guarantee.

Anyone have a solution for this? Happy to write some code, or set this up in SFDC instead of Marketo. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll be fine with the LP + form. Just follow the directions for a referral form (empty mkt_trk from the form on submission).*

Other than the not-actually-private nature of the page (give it an impossible-to-guess random URL), the remaining concern is if your company's email protection software not only test-clicks links, but opens full pages in a headless browser (the same feature that derails click tracking). Giving them a big button to confirm the update, rather than doing a truly automated submission, is safer.

* Also, just to be precise, it's not that the "SDR IP would be associated with the [lead's] email" but that the SDR's cookie would be associated.

But by omitting the cookie from the form post you get around that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll be fine with the LP + form. Just follow the directions for a referral form (empty mkt_trk from the form on submission).*

Other than the not-actually-private nature of the page (give it an impossible-to-guess random URL), the remaining concern is if your company's email protection software not only test-clicks links, but opens full pages in a headless browser (the same feature that derails click tracking). Giving them a big button to confirm the update, rather than doing a truly automated submission, is safer.

* Also, just to be precise, it's not that the "SDR IP would be associated with the [lead's] email" but that the SDR's cookie would be associated.

But by omitting the cookie from the form post you get around that.

Andrew_Sielen1
Level 3

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot.