Integration with SFDC, with Real data in both Marketo and SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Integration with SFDC, with Real data in both Marketo and SFDC

Hi All,

Could you please provide me your suggestions on my query.

What will be impact of doing integration if both the instances (Marketo and SFDC) already have real data in it? 

Will there be any duplicate data gets created either in Marketo or in SFDC? 

Please let me know all the impacts of doing the integration between Marketo and SFDC if they both have some real data in it. I have 3 scenarios in my mind which I need some clarity, please post if you guys have some?

1) Lets say 'Marc Clerg' lead is present in both the systems with same email address, what is the impact after integration is done? Any duplicate gets created in any system either in Marketo or SFDC?  (what happens to the existing lead in Marketo?)
2) If 'Marc Clerg' is present in SFDC but not in Marketo. what is the impact after integration is done? Any duplicate gets created in any system either in Marketo or SFDC? 
3) If 'Marc Clerg' is present in Marketo but not in SFDC, what is the impact after integration is done? Any duplicate gets created in any system either in Marketo or SFDC? 

Please Help us with any other scenarios that we need to take into consideration while/after doing integration with real data in both the instances.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Integration with SFDC, with Real data in both Marketo and SFDC

Hi Soujanya,

Although I do not have all the answers I can definitely help you with some of these.

Scenario 2 is the easiest, if the lead exists in Salesforce and not in Marketo, then the data would be synced from SFDC to Marketo when you integrate and you would have a mirrored version of the data that would then update consistently in both systems with both systems having one version of the lead.

Scenario 3 is slightly similar except that after integration the lead would still just be in Marketo.  If a record exists in Marketo and not in Salesforce, then it will stay that way until you trigger an action in Marketo that sends the lead across to SFDC (such as being part of a campaign, lead scoring etc.).  In that scenario a lead would then be created in SFDC and just as in Scenario 2 you would then have 1 version in both systems that is mirrored and kept up to date.

Scenario 1 is the most frustrating.  From my experience if you have a record in Marketo and one in Salesforce before the sync, when you sync the systems a new record will be created in Marketo, leaving you with 2 records in Marketo and 1 in Salesforce.  This is a continuous issue and so far the only solution I have is to keep a constant eye on the "Possible Duplicates" Smart List which helps me find these.

I hope that helps,

Simon