SOLVED

Integration with GoToWebcast

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Integration with GoToWebcast

We're GTW users and have Marketo integrated with GTW. Does Marketo integrate with GoToWebcast? Is anyone using GoToWebcast?

Our Citrix rep is saying it does integrate with Marketo, wanted to get some validation from the community first before moving forward.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Integration with GoToWebcast

Have you reviewed the User Guide for the GTW integration?  The attendee should not have to re-type in their username and password.  You must use the Webinar URL token in your email to ensure that they get their personalized URL which allows them to go directly into the Webinar.  You should drive all registrants to a Marketo form to ensure proper registration.  We do not support passing registrants from GTW to Marketo, so I would suggest disabling that form.

We currently do not integrate with GoToWebcast.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Grant, I'm assuming you're talking about GoToWebinar? There is an integration, and it works quite nicely, although it is somewhat limited if you're using GTW registration and want to get all of that information back into Marketo. Only a few fields are able to sync that way, so I'd recommend having your landing page and Marketo form to collect the information, and then have that feed into GTW. You can check out the Marketo guide here, where you will find out more about the integration. 

Just note that as you're setting up the connection for the first time, it references "Event Partners" which is now under LaunchPoint services in the Admin section.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

Thanks for the reply. We have been using GotoWebinar quite extensively with Marketo for the last few years already. Citrix has another GotoWebcast product (higher-volume webinar platform - different from GoToWebinar). 

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ah, got it. I didn't see that option when I viewed their website... sorry for the mixup!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grant,

We are in the same boat.  We currently use GoToWebinar and have had many issues with the recordings in our Mac environment. Citrix is recommending GoToWebcast but like you a little cautious to jump in without any validation.  Have you heard anything further?

Thanks,
Sherry
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are in the process of hooking up GTWebcast (not Webinar) now. The "integration" consists of a webhook that sends registration data from a marketo form to GTW. There is no sync from GTW forms to Marketo.

It's a very loose definition of integration, and so far I haven't been able to make even that much work. No help from GTW, that's why I'm here searching on "GoToWebcast." 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any updates on this thread? I also have a need for more than 1000 seats, and Webcast, while it seems like the right thing to do, is going to turn our system on it's head.

Any luck with the web hook? Any success with having your form in Marketo sync to GoToWebcast?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were able to get the Marketo > GTW integration working, but it is limited to passing Contact fields to GTW. Users are required to type in an email address when they show up to attend. There is no recognition of the user via cookie or token and therefore no form pre-fill. 

Users who find the GTW form first (e.g. if someone passes their confirmation email around, viewers of the archive, etc.) do not sync to Marketo so registration numbers for GTW and Marketo never match. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you reviewed the User Guide for the GTW integration?  The attendee should not have to re-type in their username and password.  You must use the Webinar URL token in your email to ensure that they get their personalized URL which allows them to go directly into the Webinar.  You should drive all registrants to a Marketo form to ensure proper registration.  We do not support passing registrants from GTW to Marketo, so I would suggest disabling that form.

We currently do not integrate with GoToWebcast.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl,

I wanted to check in and see if Marketo is still not integrating with GoToWebcast. We are integrating through an API service right now, but I would like to simplify the process and remove the webhook.

Can you let me know what the latest status is?

Thanks,

Yulya