Re: Integrated Products and follow up triggers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Integrated Products and follow up triggers

Hello all:

I am new to the Marketo CRM environment.

I would really enjoy getting some opinions and feedback on the following:

• What are the best add on products (SAAS) that you feel get the biggest 'bang for the buck'?  I am currently researching Sprinklr to use as my social network management platform and Informatica for SMS and real time polling and events. Both have pre-existing APIs with Marketo which make them very attractive.  Any general advice or thoughts is welcome.
  • For an existing customer base, I was curious if anyone could offer any advice (or if you have read syndicated research, whitepapers etc) on how best to architect a smooth, flowing program to interact via Marketo (eg: triggers based on behavior or engagements- they look at my web page or click on a link in my newsletter) as well as triggers for personal recognition for various milestones (eg: career anniversary, birthday et al).  I realize this is a broad and vague question so any input is certainly welcome!

Thanks so much

MK

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

For triggers for personal recognition for various milestones (eg: career anniversary, birthday et al) you can use a smart campaign in Marketo and have the 'wait' step like,

pastedImage_0.png

This is just to give an idea. There are more considerations.

For triggers based on behavior or engagements- they look at your web page or click on a link in your newsletter, Marketo provides 'triggers'. Like

pastedImage_1.png

and

pastedImage_2.png

so on.

You will have to have inserted the 'Marketo munchkin' javascript code on your website.

Does this answer your question?

Rajesh

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You will have to have inserted the 'Marketo munchkin' javascript code on your website. 

Clicks Link in Email doesn't use Munchkin.

Yes for Visits Web Page or Clicks Link on Web Page.

Sorry, just had to be precise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to use that wait step you have to use a trigger in the smart list. I don't see much to trigger its their birthday. Any ideas?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jason,

Either you use a trigger on lead creation with wait steps until date trigger or you use simple daily batches. The second method is apparently simpler, but will be harder to keep working many years.

The first is a little more complex, but can use the yearly anniversary occurence.

As you cannot use date tokens in wait steps in batch campaigns, here is the trick :

Create a trigger campaign with a "campaign is requested" trigger, that uses the wait until token date and check the "Use next anniversary of this date" checkbox. Limits the qualification rule to be "Every time". Activate it.

Then create a batch campaign that select all leads with a birth date and has a unique "request campaign" flow step to call the previous campaign. Set the qualification rules to once every 12 months. schedule it to run every month.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg you are the Marketo whisper! Very helpful!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg - The "request campaign" method works perfect. Anyone setting up anniversary/birthday type campaigns should refer this this method/thread.

Rasmus_Bidstru1
Level 4

But dosnt the lead who gets a mail, drop out of the flow, or do they stay untill next Anniversary and same next year?