SOLVED

Re: Instant win through signup

Go to solution
Rasmus_Bidstru1
Level 4

Instant win through signup

Hi, I got a client who wants an instant win setup. So basicly every 50th who signup through a form, should get a "winner-mail", the rest, just a "loser-mail".

I'm not sure if its possible in Marketo to see when a person is the 50th, 100th, 150th who signup.

I was thinking about making some kind of global variable to use as a counter, that ticks eachtime a customer signs up.

regards

Rasmus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  Sanford Whiteman Appreciate your help.

Rasmus,

This is totally doable using a Marketo web hook. The following link provides an overview of how a similar business case was solved.

Marketo Magic: Automatically Cap Registrations For Any Marketo Form. Part - II | Rajesh Talele | Lin...

This article talks about how to limit your registration form submissions to first 'x' number of submissions. But it can be very easily used to declare an 'instant winner' for the 'x'th number of registration.

To implement it in Marketo, it took less than 10 minutes using a web hook library. With no coding and no IT involvement.

Please feel free to contact me at Rajesh@BrightHooks.com if you need any pointers.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I think this should be possible via webhook. Alok Ramsisaria has some good examples of this, I believe.

Rasmus_Bidstru1
Level 4

The ****-mail is just a "l.o.s.e.r"-mail, nothing dirty 😉

Ok, hopes he can help with a solution that can be made without to much database/webhooks.

I know a solution with a firebase/SQLbase and stuff, just really hoped Marketo had the solution buildin.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This is not currently a built-in solution, you will need to utilize outside sources to do this. There are ideas for counts, but nothing implemented yet.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  Sanford Whiteman Appreciate your help.

Rasmus,

This is totally doable using a Marketo web hook. The following link provides an overview of how a similar business case was solved.

Marketo Magic: Automatically Cap Registrations For Any Marketo Form. Part - II | Rajesh Talele | Lin...

This article talks about how to limit your registration form submissions to first 'x' number of submissions. But it can be very easily used to declare an 'instant winner' for the 'x'th number of registration.

To implement it in Marketo, it took less than 10 minutes using a web hook library. With no coding and no IT involvement.

Please feel free to contact me at Rajesh@BrightHooks.com if you need any pointers.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

Rasmus_Bidstru1
Level 4

This is a paid service, so I will just make my own webhook and firebase database. But thanks for the reply