SOLVED

Inserting "My" Tokens as a Link

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inserting "My" Tokens as a Link

Is there an easy way to hyperlink tokens that aren't "system" tokens? Every time I try to add a token that I created as a link, a description still seems to come up in the email as the hyperlink. The preview looks fine, and the HTML does not seem to have the "hidden" or default text. But when I test the email, the only hyperlinked text is "Event Details"-- which does NOT appear in my email text while editing.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Inserting "My" Tokens as a Link

Taylor,

There are two My Token Types:
  • Text - best for a straight URL (but leave off http:// if you want it tracked)
  • RichText - best for a block of text you wish to format. You can include links in the usual way, or include other tokens.
In your email, I would use RichText for blocks of text that change regularly. Then I would use the text hyperlink either as a straight token: {{my.Registration URL}} or to use it inside the hyper link - use the link icon, then drop in the token.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Taylor, are you doing standard text tokens or rich text tokens? When we have a my token that's a hyperlink I create them as a rich text token. 

Another advantage of this, is that our standard text tokens weren't appearing as tracked links in emails, but rich text tokens do. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory- thanks for the response!
I believe it's a rich text token-- I created it specifically within that program, and used it within the body of an email. Does that constitute a rich text token?

I think the issue I was having dealt with the default URL value that I entered within the actual creation of the token- I tried to override it when I entered the token in my email, but it didn't seem to work. I think if I just use the default URL text that I set up in the actual token, it does work. I'm still not sure if it will be tracked or not, though!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Taylor,

There are two My Token Types:
  • Text - best for a straight URL (but leave off http:// if you want it tracked)
  • RichText - best for a block of text you wish to format. You can include links in the usual way, or include other tokens.
In your email, I would use RichText for blocks of text that change regularly. Then I would use the text hyperlink either as a straight token: {{my.Registration URL}} or to use it inside the hyper link - use the link icon, then drop in the token.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh! That was really helpful- I'm using a RichText token as a hyperlink in my email. Just tested it and it seems to be working beautifully. Apprecaite the help!