Incrementing a Score Field by the value in Another Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incrementing a Score Field by the value in Another Field

We've just implemented BrightTalk which populates an integer field for us with the actual minutes that someone spends watching an on-demand or live webinar. For example, BTLK Live Minutes Viewed. This is tantalizing because we actually have a Time Scoring program where the Time Score represents minutes. E.g, Time Score = 60 means 60 minutes. So it would be great if we could simply increment Time Score by the BTLK Minutes Viewed field. For example:

SL Trigger:

Data Value Changes: BTLK Live Minutes Viewed

Flow:

Change Data Value:

Time Score->New Value = +{{lead.BTLK Live Minutes Viewed}}

Alas, of course, you can't put "+" in front of token like that. It doesn't work.

Can anyone think of a (relatively simple) way to accomplish the same thing?

(Our fall back will be a series of flow steps along the lines of "If BTLK Live Minutes Viewed is between x and y, Time Score = +z". But it's frustrating to have the actual minutes and not be able to apply them in a program designed to count minutes).

Thank you!

Denise

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Incrementing a Score Field by the value in Another Field

I don't think there's a way to do this without a series of flow steps as you describe or a webhook to another service that can actually do math. I would love if Marketo expanded the formula possibilities inside flow steps to include some basic arithmetic or lookups to a table.
My recommendation would be to avoid being overly granular - it seems like a few buckets (less than 5, 5-15, 15-30, 30-45, 45-60) would be adequate for judging engagement.
Some ideas out there: