SOLVED

Re: Increased leads in the smartlist

Go to solution
Chemmalar_Edwin
Level 1

Increased leads in the smartlist

Hello Marketo community,

I created a smart campaign to relocate leads from one partition to another. But when I go to the schedules tab, it shows way more people than the ones added to the campaign. I have already identified the duplicates and eliminated them.

So the smart list does not have any duplicates. Why would the list still show way more people than the ones available?? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So if they had ever run though the same campaign in the past it will show them in the list as well?

The Members list, yes.

• In the smartlist for the campaign I have a step that says 'email address is' 
  • I populate this field with the email addresses of leads after checking if they have duplicates elsewhere.

That's only correct when you first check, then.

Using Not Member of Smart List constraint and pointing to a list that actually uses the Duplicates filter would be accurate.

In both cases, someone could develop a duplicate later, after running through the Campaign, and they'd still be on Members.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

You'll have to show screenshots of your config. This description isn't clear enough (the way you're referring to the "Schedule" tab sounds like you actually mean the "Campaign Members" tab).

Chemmalar_Edwin
Level 1

Hello Stanford,

Yes I do mean the affected campaign members. When I only have 100 members in the smartlist the affected members are around 125.

This confuses me as I did not add leads with duplicates in the smart list.

SanfordWhiteman

Smart Campaign members are people who ever ran through the campaign. So checking the SL now doesn't really confirm what qualified someone for the campaign.

I'd have to see the exact config you used to "not add duplicates" every time the batch was run.

Chemmalar_Edwin
Level 1

So if they had ever run though the same campaign in the past it will show them in the list as well?

What I mean is this -

• I populate this field with the email addresses of leads after checking if they have duplicates elsewhere.
SanfordWhiteman

The Members list, yes.

That's only correct when you first check, then.

Using Not Member of Smart List constraint and pointing to a list that actually uses the Duplicates filter would be accurate.

In both cases, someone could develop a duplicate later, after running through the Campaign, and they'd still be on Members.

Chemmalar_Edwin
Level 1

Thank you Stanford for your suggestion.