SOLVED

Including Internal Teams on Clients Emails

Go to solution
Ruhsora
Level 1

Including Internal Teams on Clients Emails

Hi Marketo Community, 

I need your help. I'm trying to copy our Customer Success Team on all of the newsletters that are sent to our clients. 

I read through other posts and found the following options that don't quite fit for us: bcc, cc, and alerts. With CC, we only have the option to add an Account Owner or Lead Owner and neither works for us because the account is usually owned by an AE in the CRM. With BCC, I understand that they'll end up receiving a copy of every single email (if 500 clients then 500 emails) so that's out. And finally, with Alerts, we have an issue with the flow function - only sales or account owner can be selected. 

Also, we've tried just using "Email Address" filter but all of our internal folks are automatically excluded as part of the "Email Eligibility Segment" that excludes unsubscribed, marketing suspended, invalid email, etc.

Does anyone know of any other options? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Including Internal Teams on Clients Emails

1. Make sure to use Advanced filters and have the Member of List filter at the bottom..

Yes, this is the way people traditionally do it, but of course it's a manual process of including the internal list to all Smart Lists, which isn't convenient.

However, there isn't an automatic way at this time, since as I mentioned the CC is for alternate addresses, not internal addresses.

Your CC dropdown should offer all fields of the Email type (not String type).

2021-03-11 16_35_13-Marketo _ Email • Admin.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

With CC, we only have the option to add an Account Owner or Lead Owner

That's not true; you can add any Email Address field that you set as an eligible CC address in Admin » Email » Edit Email CC Settings.

And finally, with Alerts, we have an issue with the flow function - only sales or account owner can be selected. 

Also not accurate... any token can be used if you select To Other Emails.

Ruhsora
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman wrote:

With CC, we only have the option to add an Account Owner or Lead Owner

That's not true; you can add any Email Address field that you set as an eligible CC address in Admin » Email » Edit Email CC Settings.

And finally, with Alerts, we have an issue with the flow function - only sales or account owner can be selected. 

Also not accurate... any token can be used if you select To Other Emails.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help us out.

We did try and add new options under the Admin settings but the drop-down only provided us with two options - Account and Lead Owner - and there wasn't a way to add additional options. We've already raised a ticket with Marketo about this issue. And you're totally right about the alert function but we've found a better way to include our internal teams on client emails. 

For those facing a similar issue where you'd like to include internal folks on any client or prospect communications, they can be added the following way:

Smart Campaign -> Send -> Smart List -> Member of List 

1. Make sure to use Advanced filters and have the Member of List filter at the bottom. For the logic, include the initial filters within parentheses then add "or" followed by the numerical number associated with the Member of List

2. Also, remember to create the list in the Database

SanfordWhiteman

1. Make sure to use Advanced filters and have the Member of List filter at the bottom..

Yes, this is the way people traditionally do it, but of course it's a manual process of including the internal list to all Smart Lists, which isn't convenient.

However, there isn't an automatic way at this time, since as I mentioned the CC is for alternate addresses, not internal addresses.

Your CC dropdown should offer all fields of the Email type (not String type).

2021-03-11 16_35_13-Marketo _ Email • Admin.png