SOLVED

Re: Inactivity filters to clean up inactive leads

Go to solution
Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Inactivity filters to clean up inactive leads

Since our company recently got blacklisted (due to an unfortunate moment where someone accidentally sent an email to our entire lead database), we are trying to get off of the list.  Marketo suggested that we send an opt-in email to those leads that have been inactive for the past 3-6 months to update their preferences.  I created a Smart List to capture these leads but the number seems a little too high to me.  Are these filters correct?

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 12.50.09 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jennifer, make sure you also include a filter of "was sent email: in past 180 days". You want to make sure those that haven't opened in the past 180 days were even sent an email in the past 180 days.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Jennifer, make sure you also include a filter of "was sent email: in past 180 days". You want to make sure those that haven't opened in the past 180 days were even sent an email in the past 180 days.

Josh_Hill13

That and it may be that most of your database never engaged.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Unfortunately you're right...our database is a disgrace lol.  We desperately need a real CRM like Salesforce.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Good call.  That dropped down the number a little bit.  It's still pathetic though but I am doing it right lol.  Thanks!