In which case should we tag acquisition program?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

In which case should we tag acquisition program?

Hello,

we have a series of landing pages that are embedded on our website and that are part of the same program. as leads have first filled out form on those landing pages and then enter our program to be approved and directed to right flow, the program doesn't show up as acquisition program. In our cases this could only work if we load leads under the program or if we send an email within program and leads are acquired this way

As a result we can only see in lead registration source that it was indeed the pages that were at the origin of the lead.Should I create a flow that says that if lead fills out form on those landing pages, is net new and acquisition program is empty, than the acquisition program field should be populated with the name of my program? what is the best practice?

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In which case should we tag acquisition program?

I have to manually update Acquisition Programs often as I import leads through SFDC/DemandTools vs Marketo. If they are net new and come in via that web program, I'd say tag them with it. Sounds like the right way to handle attribution to me...unless you have channel-specific web campaigns (i.e. organic vs PPC)