SOLVED

Re: In an email program, if you import members into the Members tab - do they receive the email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

In an email program, if you import members into the Members tab - do they receive the email?

I noticed that you can import members in the members tab, and also int he control panel audience box. So if I import my list into the members tab, those members don't actually get the email I send out? They're just "there" so I can use use them in filters in the future?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In an email program, if you import members into the Members tab - do they receive the email?

Adding people to the membership does not mean they will get the email.  They must be included in the smart list at time of send. Once the email is sent, we will automatically add them to the members grid, so you don't need a special flow to do that.  hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

They dont get the email until you schedule it.

Engagement programs would send the email out at the next Cast.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding members to the members tab is not recommended. Best way is to add them to a list and use a smart campaign to process them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, none of those people I added to the members received the email, but everyone who was in through the smart list got it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding people to the membership does not mean they will get the email.  They must be included in the smart list at time of send. Once the email is sent, we will automatically add them to the members grid, so you don't need a special flow to do that.  hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've often wondered about this. Whenever I upload, for instance, a list of event attendees that we just received, I always upload them through the members tab of that program. What's the benefit of creating a static list to upload them to? Is this best practice for email programs only, or all programs? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I imported them into them through this Audience box but the number of leads is still 0 after I refreshed. Is that count not included here, or is this a bug?

0EM50000000SU1O.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you clicked the small icon next to the number versus refreshing the browser?